Category: For Employers

Sterling Named One of Best Places to Work in Insurance

Sterling Administration is pleased to announce that we are among the companies being recognized in this year’s Business Insurance Best Places to Work in Insurance program.

The national Best Places to Work program, now in its sixth year, is a joint effort of Business Insurance and Best Companies Group and involves months of in-depth evaluation. The assessment involves a two-part process. One part, responsible for 75% of a company’s score, involves a confidential employee engagement and satisfaction survey, which is used to evaluate employees’ workplace experience and the company’s culture. The other part, which is responsible for the remaining 25% of the score, consists of an employer questionnaire, which collects information about each company’s benefit programs, policies, practices and other general information.

The Best Places to Work in Insurance program “is dedicated to identifying and recognizing the best employers in the insurance industry.” The companies being recognized this year “have created high-quality workplaces in which employees can thrive and enjoy doing so.”

You can read the entire announcement here.

Check back as Business Insurance will reveal how each company ranked and take a closer look at the 75 companies honored in a special report in their September 29 issue. We will post that update here on the blog.


About Sterling Administration
Sterling is an independent, privately held company. We offer administration services for HSAs, HRAs, FSAs, POPs and COBRA. We are also experts in compliance services that include ERISA Wrap, Form 5500 Filing, non-discrimination testing, and requirements under the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA).

Founded in 2004, Sterling was a pioneer in the HSA industry and is today considered to be among the top administrators in the country. Sterling is led by experts in the health benefits and healthcare financing industries for one primary purpose – to put employers and consumers in control of healthcare spending and in touch with resources to help manage their money and their health.

We enable employers to control rising health care costs, accountholders and members to get the services they need and save money, and insurance professionals to enhance the range of services they offer to their clients.

Healthcare Reform News: California Governor Signs Waiting Period Bill

Editor note: This article was originally published August 15, 2014 and can be found here.

California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law legislation to better align the state’s health coverage waiting period requirements with federal law.

While the Affordable Care Act (ACA) had established a 90-day waiting period that applies broadly to employers nationwide, California had established a 60-day waiting period. The intent of Senate Bill (SB) 1034, authored by Senator Bill Monning (D-Carmel), is to resolve confusion between the state and federal laws and to better conform to provisions of the ACA.

“We thank the governor for signing this bill, as it will help eliminate the confusion caused by conflicting state and federal waiting periods. Now it will be easier for employer groups to comply with the law,” stated Neil Crosby, Vice President of Public Affairs for the California Association of Health Underwriters (CAHU) and Director of Sales for Warner Pacific Insurance Services.

SB 1034 is a product of numerous discussions among state regulators, small business groups, health insurance organizations, consumer organizations and CAHU to provide clarity on the allowable waiting periods.

For Employers: Evergreen ERISA Wrap Document for Small Groups

Do you think your group is too small to comply with ERISA regulations? Think again.

No group is too small for this law. Beat the fourth quarter rush and let Sterling help you comply with ERISA requirements by taking advantage of our Evergreen ERISA Wrap Document service.

Limited Time Special Offer:

  • For ERISA Wrap effective dates June 1 – September 1, 2014
  • 5 year Evergreen ERISA Wrap Document
  • Must have less than 100 employees
  • Form 5500 not included and all other services and changes additional

Special pricing ends September 1, 2014. Don’t miss this opportunity. Contact your Sterling Sales Representative or Sterling Client Services Specialist today and let us help make the complex simple.