Interested in learning more? Contact your Sterling Sales Director today.
You count on the team at Sterling to be compliance experts. Can you think of a time when it’s been more important than now to have us in your corner?
Our dedicated and certified Compliance Department and NAHU Healthcare Reform Certified sales team are available to assist you with information on the impact of the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and other regulations in many areas related to your health plan benefits.
Compliance Services from Sterling
- PPACA Testing Services (required starting in 2014) – bundled services include:
- Small Group / Large Group Testing – is my group considered small group or large group?
- FTEs Testing – what is the number of full time equivalent (FTE) employees working for my business?
- Minimum Value Testing – will my group medical plan meet the “Minimum Value” test?
- Affordability Testing – will my group medical plan meet the “Affordability” test for my employees?
- Cadillac Tax Calculation – For tax years beginning in 2018, PPACA imposes a 40 percent excise tax on high-cost group health coverage. This tax, also known as the “Cadillac Tax,” is intended to encourage companies to choose lower-cost health plans for their employees. Given the high cost of health care and rich benefits associated with some employers, a large percentage will be subject to the Cadillac tax in 2018 with no change in benefits strategy. Sterling can run the Cadillac Tax Calculation to determine if a benefits strategy change is needed now to avoid this tax expense in the future.
- Nondiscrimination Testing for Fully Insured Health Plans – this testing requirement has been extended to fully insured health plans under PPACA to prohibit discrimination in favor of highly compensated individuals. While the IRS has delayed implementation of this requirement, employers should plan for the inevitable. If an insured plan fails the testing, then the employer has violated the law and could face sizeable penalties.
- PCORI Fee Calculation – PPACA stipulates a PCORI fee requirement to fund the new Patient-Centered Outcome Research Institute. The fee is imposed on insurers issuing health insurance policies and on employers sponsoring self-insured health plans, including HRAs. The rule applies to policy and plan years ending on or after October 1, 2012 and before October 1, 2019.
- ERISA Wrap & Form 5500 Filing – We also prepare ERISA Wrap plan documents to help employers comply with ERISA relating to their health and welfare benefit plans. This includes Form 5500 Filing as required. And we offer stand-alone Form 5500 Filing services required for health and welfare plans. These services are available whether or not Sterling administers the benefit plans, HRA or FSA.
Please contact your Sterling sales representative today for more information on these services, as well as HSAs, HRAs, FSAs, POPs, COBRA and self-insurance plans. You’ll find our contact information here.
2014 is coming–are you ready for Obamacare?
In this animated video from the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, the YouToons walk through the basic changes in the way Americans will get health coverage and what it will cost starting in 2014, when major parts of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), also known as “Obamacare,” go into effect.
“The YouToons Get Ready for Obamacare: Health Insurance Changes Coming Your Way,” The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, accessed 9/30/13, http://kff.org/health-reform/video/youtoons-obamacare-video/