Online Benefits Administration
Our Benefit Solutions service helps clients manage open enrollment and ongoing life event changes, while making it quick and easy for employees to make informed benefit decisions. Dedicated project managers ensure high quality group set-up and ongoing customer support.
Sterling Benefit Solutions Features Overview:
- Online benefits enrollment with 24/7 employee access.
- Employer branded portal.
- Automated carrier feeds.
- Billing remittance advice.
- Extensive reporting tools.
- Dedicated account management.
- Spanish translation of employee portal with the click of a button.
- Integrated broker support.
- Protected Health Information (PHI) and HIPAA liability protection.
- SSAE 16 compliant security design.
- Ability to filter by employee, location, etc.
- Ability to set multiple eligibility rules.
- Enrollment wizard guides employees through each element of their benefits package.
- Communication resources hosts all plan documents, links, videos, employee handbooks, claim forms, etc. to create a one stop shop for employees.
- Running employee cost totals are displayed on each page to provide an indication of per pay period costs.
- Customized Evidence of Insurability (EOI) rules.
- Employers can email employees directly from the Benefit Solutions system with open enrollment and other important reminders.
- Approval by life event makes it easy for the benefits department to manage changes.
- System makes it simple to organize employees by class, branch, department and pay group.
- Documents, plans and rates can be filtered by location, class, division etc.
- Multiple waiting periods, even for those who are not eligible for benefits, can be managed through the system.
- Weekly file transmission history
- Employee history can be tracked, including changes to records, who made them, and when.
- Employers can access a summary of benefit elections by employee.
- Extensive reporting capabilities are offered. Billing reports are run monthly to assist in carrier bill reconciliation.
- Administrator guide and training provided.
- Multiple levels of administrator security give employers peace of mind.
- Tracks “waive reasons” when employees decline coverage.
- Option to show employees the employer’s contributions to their benefits.
Easy Use Employee Portal:
- Easy online enrollment with 24/7 employee access with a Spanish translation option at the click of a button.
- Employees can save and print their benefit confirmation statement any time after online enrollment is complete.
- Access to view current benefits and benefits history, as well as update personal profiles.
- Ability to change benefits due to a qualified life event.
- Easy calculations, including effective date of eligibility, per pay period costs for elected benefits, LTD, STD, and life insurance coverage based on employee salary and/or age.
- Easy access to plan documents, resource links, videos, employee handbooks, claim forms, etc.
- Link to insurance carrier and member services contact numbers.